Commitment to Education
As part of our ongoing commitment to helping our patients make informed decisions the next instalments to our Webinar Series are listed below. Please note these Webinars will not be available for viewing after the session.
September 12th at 7 pm – Urology Beyond the Basics Webinar “What to Know from UTIs to Incontinence In Men and Women”. Speakers George Koufogiannis (Urologist) and Joan San (GP).
If the QR code below does not work, please click the image for a larger version and scan it again, or go to https://bit.ly/3U2E7k0 to register.
Add to your Calendar’s
October 3rd at 7 pm – Diet, Diabetes and Exercise. Speakers Georgia Kintakas (Dietitian), Tess Amoore (Diabetes Educator) and Sam Waley (Exercise Physiologist)
Chronic Disease Management Coordination
Many of us have one or more chronic medical conditions. A chronic condition is defined as a problem that has been (or is likely to be) present for longer than 6 months. Whilst there is no defined list, examples include asthma, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, arthritis and stroke; these conditions often require ongoing care from a multidisciplinary team.
The GPMP and TCA (“Care Plan” or “Health Management Plan”)
Your GP and practice nurse will work with you to develop an organised approach to manage (GP Management Plan) your chronic condition by identifying your needs and targets as well as the actions required to achieve these. If your care requires other services such as allied health or specialists, your GP may also develop a plan to coordinate your care (Team Care Arrangement). With this in place, you may be eligible for up to 5 Medicare rebates towards specific allied health providers related to your condition(s), however, it is required that your GP will need to collaborate with at least two other health providers to be eligible for these.
What is the cost of these management plans?
GPMPs and TCAs are directly billed to Medicare if you hold a current Medicare card, so there is no out-of-pocket cost to you.
Am I eligible?
Please discuss your eligibility with your regular GP and which allied health providers may be relevant for your condition and needs. If eligible, your GP will refer you to make an appointment with our care plan nurse.
HotDoc Online Bookings
Just a reminder that most appointments can be booked via HotDoc. Please remember when booking to ensure you use your full name as listed on your Medicare Card.
Winner of the AFL Footy Tipping Competition
Thanks to all who participated in this season’s AFL Footy Tipping competition. Special Congratulations to EckersBruce for taking out 1st place on 163 points. 40% of the prize pool will be donated to Launch Housing with the remaining 60% to be split between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
8-week Spring Challenge
The 8-week challenge is more than your average lead-up to the Summer challenge. It is an 8-Week program which includes InBody 270 scans at the start and end of the challenge designed to give you measurements to show the changes you have achieved over the challenge. Whether your goal is to lose fat, gain muscle or simply improve your overall health and fitness levels, this is a great way to get ready for Summer.